Thursday, January 13, 2011

Trading coffee for a Beautiful Girl!

Introducing Vakshana!
This is our beautiful girl from Sri  Lanka.   Her Mom and 2 sisters were killed in the Tsuanmi of 2004 leaving her alone.  She is now 14. When I saw her picture on the website we already had two sponsored children and a third was pushing it with my husband.  I am a stay at home mom and we are on one  salary, so he had said no more!  Every weekday on my home from picking up my kiddies at school I would stop at Tim Horton's for a coffee, a medium for $1.33.  So the thought came to me that the amount in total for coffee at the end of the month added up to pretty much what it would cost to sponsor Vakshana!  So I reasoned with my hubby that if I could spend $20 a month on coffee than I could spend it on sponsoring a child instead....he was none too pleased at first, but within a few hours of seeing her face he fell in love too!!!! THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD....SEEKING WHAT LUXURIES WE CAN GIVE UP SO THAT OTHERS CAN HAVE BASIC NECESSITIES........

No comments:

Post a Comment