Monday, November 21, 2016

To Haiti with love



Oh my goodness!    I don't even know if anyone reads this blog anymore.   I have not posted very often since bringing home our Faithie from China, which is coming up on 5 years!!!!    I have posted family updates though, and posted about trips I have gone on.      Just a few weeks ago I had a dream come true, a long awaited answer to prayer.    Many years ago, God put a huge love for the country of Haiti on my heart.     Just huge, I fell in love with the people there and really began to pray and ask God what His plans were for this country in our life.    Finally my feet touched the ground in Haiti, just 3 weeks ago.     And oh my it did not disappoint.    What a stunningly beautiful country.     What amazing, incredible, loving, wonderful, beautiful people!          I will be sharing here and posting pictures.     It was not just an adventure for me, but also my oldest son Evan's first time on a plane, first mission trip, first time seeing the ocean!         Haiti felt like home in so many ways, so many unexplainable ways.   I have not felt anything quite like that before.  

View from inside the airport, right after we first landed.    I knew that Haiti had mountains but I had no idea that there were so many.     How incredibly beautiful it is.

More coming soon!
xoxoxoxooxoxoxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment